Shack at 02/05/14

Shack at 02/05/14

Friday 18 July 2014

Well that was a damp squib yesterday. Thought I'd stay in and wait for SVC_PI to be launched, which would have have a camera on board.

It finally got airborne, much to the delite of the local school kids all lined up by their teachers at the launch site. This was live streamed. A screenshot on my HAB page.  Didn't mean to upload that, but forgot all screenshots are automatically uploaded due to my normally only taking shots on DL-Fldigi decoding telemetry from each flight.

Unfortunately, even though I was well inside the blue, then green footprints, I didn't manage to decode any pics or rtty from either  transmitters on board.  The signals seemed strong enough, but even though I played around with settings in case the published ones were altered, I had to give up when the balloon finally burst and the payload descended by parachute.

A disappointing day, but at least I had the screenshots to prove successful reception of the preceding flights over the last week..  Always the next one, which is EDUHAB3 Birmingham area.  No pics. rtty 50bd 8n2 on 434.540 usb.  Looking forward to that..

No comments:

Post a Comment