Shack at 02/05/14

Shack at 02/05/14

Saturday 10 May 2014


Been playing with Train Sim, now I have 'Steam' running again. Never dawned on me to use the lap top for games when I bought it, but really chuffed to find it's capable of running some of my old games, which include Train Sim and Flight Sim.

Anyway, back to radio. I compared the Mag Loop with the long wire re receiving sstv this morning, and the loop won hands down. Therefore I've made the loop/DX-394 my permanent sstv set up. Put the IC-718 away as I'm not bothering to try tx'ing with the lap top. Would have to buy another usb card for it if I did as it doesn't have a mic input socket.

Using the lap top to drivee my PCR-1000 with Ham Radio Deluxe (V5.2). Audio is straight to speaker system.  HDSDR is driving the dongle on the old desk top, with decoding done on same computer  via the Akai usb sound card.

No comments:

Post a Comment