Shack at 02/05/14

Shack at 02/05/14

Sunday 4 May 2014

New lap top is brilliant. Been playing with the Windows 8 tile desk top, but not sure I like it much. Maybe it will grow on me.  Can't seem to get the on board web cam to work, which did in the shop. Something happened after being re set to factory reset in the shop I guess. Been on line, downloaded user manual, but there's no mention of how to activate it. According to device manager it's working ok. Strange!. Still I wouldn't use it anyway. If I wanted a web cam/shack cam, I'd use an external usb job.

Only use the lap-top to drive the dongle, using HDSDR.  SDR-Console also works, but I prefer the former.  One thing I've noticed when using HDSDR, is that guys don't appear to follow convention re usb/lsb. That is to say most stations appear to be using usb on 14 mhz say, but the odd one is using lsb.  Same goes for 7 mhz, but the opposite way round.  Is this normal I ask myself, or is it some anomaly with this I/Q business. I'm settled on Receive left channel only, but now sure if it's the best thing to do.

Haven't decided whether to use the lap-top to drive the IC-718 yet ie get back to transmitting. Still playing with it receive wise. Thought of trying the old PCR-1000 with Ham Radio Deluxe. Might try that after shops.  Also thought of trying my old Bonito software. That was ideal to decode wefax and navtex on the desk-top  (When the latter worked properly lo)

No comments:

Post a Comment