Shack at 02/05/14

Shack at 02/05/14

Friday 2 May 2014

I bottled out with the antenna in the end. Worried too much, not finding any reviews on line and the fact that most of it's construction is loaded coils, that it would not be as efficient, or out perform the 60 long wire I'm currently using.

Had a better idea. Seing as my old XP machine is basically held together by shear luck and persistance, I remembered Staples quite often have reduced end of lines computers going. Sure enough I picked up an Acer Aspire V5-122P 11.6" AMD quad core 6 gig memory 500 HDD with Windows 8 (Touch screen) for 207 quid.  This included another 10% off of of sale price due to the guy not being able to find the box. Last one..Display model. Had to wait 25 minutes for assistant to take it back to factory default..ie out of demo mode.  Another 10 minutes trying to find a key to fit the anti theft lock.  I'll have a play after lunch. Going to use it to drive the radio with, then send the data audio to the original computer for decoding (Well as long as the latter holds up this time hi). Never had Windows 8 before, so got a guide book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment