Shack at 02/05/14

Shack at 02/05/14

Saturday 21 January 2012

As a matter of interest I just put the analyzer on the Pro Whip and discovered something very interesting. It actually tunes on all the bands from 3.8 to 144 mhz. Amazing, and I didn't think of analysing it in the couple of years I've had it *sigh*. Before I got back into tx'ing the whip was basically used for receiving sstv on 20 metres and broadcast band listening.

Now I find I don't have to use the Arno Cobra after all, with all it's radiating feeder problems Hi!. All data can be handled on whatever band I fancy using the whip. Brilliant!.

Only problem is sstv is going to have to rely on the garex active antenna, which is not up to the whip's performance. Seeing a picture just arrived on it though, I reckon I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment