Shack at 02/05/14

Shack at 02/05/14

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Phew!, did I mention brain damage.

Spent about five hours this afternoon getting wspr up and running. As you can see from the pic above, I finally made it. I've filtered the stations to show only the ones receiving me, which covers the last 4 hours since going live.

I started out trying to get the Signalink interface working, but gave up after a couple of hours. All I could transmit was a horrible noise, try as I might to get levels right. I'm pretty sure the built in sound card has gone toes up, and now I think of it this might be the breason I gave up data a while back.

I then dug out my RigBlaster Pro from the 'junk box'. This needed a bank of jump leads, 5 audio cables, a serial cable and mic input cable sorted out. To cut a long story short I managed to get the radio, computer and interface on speaking terms and proceeded to decorate 40 metres with 5 watts of wspr. As the map confirms I am in business, so chuffed to be back o the air after so long in listening mode.

Unlike the Signalink (USB) the RigBlaster uses the serial port on the desk top computer and the program uses the sound card, so the PCR-1000 is off limits whilst I play data.

SSTV is fed to a notebook from the Satellit 750

Top is a a screen shot of all stations active on 40 metres over the last 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment